It’s time to make a financial plan: Some people decide to do their own financial planning, but you may want to seek help from an advisor if you:
- Want to manage your finances but aren’t sure where to start
- Don’t have time to do your own financial planning
- Want a professional opinion about the plan you’ve developed
- Don’t have sufficient expertise in certain areas such as investments, insurance, taxes or retirement planning
- Have an immediate need or unexpected life event
A financial plan will assess your long-term goals and your tolerance as an investor. The plan will consider options specific to your current and future needs.